Wednesday, 01 February 2006 01:00
Customer: RFI S.p.A.
Duration: February 2006 - December 2008
Research and Testing Project of a system able to determine the location of vehicles/person in railway tunnels through the use of GNSS satellite systems, especially GPS and, in the future, Galileo.
Provider responsible of the following activities:
- Analysis and devlopment of the algorithm for the position localization in railway tunnel by means of GPS
- Analytic study and definition of the procedure or the determination of the position, and associated performance evaluation.
- Definition of the specifics for the SW module which has to be inserted into the GPS receiver, on the basis of the developed algorithm.
- Realization of the SW module and analysis of its compatibilità with the GPS receiver performance.
- Characterization of the GPS canne in tunnels
- Definition of the scheduling for the measurements which have to be realized inside the tunnels
- Survey for the selection of the railway tunnel suitable for the measurements
- Campaign of measurements for the characterization of the transmission channel in the tunnel, at the GPS frequencies and at neighboring bands
- Derivation of the propagation model in the tunnel, strarting from the experimental data
- Application of the propagation model to the evaluation of the GPS-based localization algorithm performances in tunnels.
- Testing for the verification of the functionalities of the developed localization algorithm.